Queensland Government: Key Economic Portfolios
Re-elected Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has on Sunday 10 December 2017 announced part of her new Cabinet ahead of confirmation of the full team.
She has established a four-member economic team of senior Ministers.
The Premier will add Trade to her own responsibilities and she will chair the Cabinet Budget Review Committee, with senior Ministers to hold key economic roles.
- Deputy Premier Jackie Trad will be appointed Treasurer and Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
- Cameron Dick will be appointed Minister for State Development, Infrastructure and Planning and Minister for Manufacturing, with responsibility for Economic Development Queensland and Queensland Reconstruction Authority.
- Kate Jones will be appointed Minister for Innovation, Minister for Tourism Industry Development and Minister for the Commonwealth Games. Minister Jones will also have responsibility for International Education.
In her surprise media release she made extensive mention of Labor’s job-creation credentials and plans, including infrastructure.
The Premier has also announced she has expanded Cabinet to 18, and invited to join it:
- Member for Sandgate Stirling Hinchliffe
- Member for Barron River Craig Crawford and
- Member for Bulimba Di Farmer.
The Premier’s allocation of all portfolios will be publicly announced ahead of the swearing-in ceremony at Government House on Tuesday 12 December 2017, and Labor’s new Caucus of 48 will meet in Brisbane on Monday 11 December.
You can access the full release here: http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2017/12/10/premier-announces-cabinet-economic-team-to-drive-job-growth-across-qld
Posted on December 10, 2017, in Politics, Premier, Queensland, Queensland Government, State Government and tagged Annastacia Palaszczuk, cameron dick, Jackie Trad, Kate Jones, new Queensland Labor Government, new Queensland Labor Ministry. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.