US Elections – Explained, Sort Of
Some of these might interest you, but feel free to suggest interesting articles of your own!
- You can’t go past the fivethirtyeight blog for an explanation of the polling: http://fivethirtyeight.com/politics
- A really interesting anecdotal article about what drives people to support Donald Trump http://newrepublic.com/article/136328/red-state-blues
- Does self-interested smugness amongst the affluent, liberals, and lefties taint analysis of who votes for Trump and why? www.theguardian.com/media/2016/oct/13/liberal-media-bias-working-class-americans
- This article tells an early – and heavily redacted – story about the way the Clinton campaign uses data for targeting www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-data-campaign-elan-kriegel-214215
- Hillary Clinton suffering from concealed anti-woman sentiment and double standards, argues this article www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-womack/stop-pretending-you-dont-_b_12191766.html
- Incomplete but useful rebuttal of the Hillary Clinton myths, rumours and conspiracy theories www.forwardprogressives.com/debunking-anti-hillary-clinton-myths-lies-conspiracies/
- How Facebook is being used for campaigning in the US Presidential election http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-facebook-is-dominating-the-2016-election-1475429365?mod=WSJ_TechWSJD_topRight
- What happens two years down the track from this election – the US mid-term elections in 2018 http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-party-that-loses-this-year-could-still-win-a-big-consolation-prize/
If you want some background on what’s going on this election cycle, try this article.
On the major differences between US elections and Australian Elections, try this one.
For a discussion about the impact of voluntary voting on US elections, this might be useful.
And here’s a summary of what it mans to have to rebuild a US Presidential campaign machine very four years.
Posted on October 18, 2016, in campaigning, Culture, Election, ideology, Leadership, Policy, Political tactics, Politics, Strategy, Tactics, Values and tagged Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, US election, US President. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.