Australia’s New Government
Malcolm Turnbull, Australia’s new Prime Minister, announced his first Ministry on Sunday 20 September 2015. They will be sworn in on Monday.
There are many significant changes, including:
- An increase in the number of women in Cabinet from two to five (Michaelia Cash, Kelly O’Dwyer, Marise Payne will join Julie Bishop and Sussan Ley);
- Joe Hockey, Bruce Billson, Eric Abetz, Ian Macfarlane, Kevin Andrews and Michael Ronaldson are all leaving the Ministry, some apparently volunteering to go
- Former Treasurer Joe Hockey has advised he intends to leave parliament, which will create a by-election
- Indigenous West Australian Ken Wyatt is Assistant Minister for Health
- Arthur Sinodinos is not a Minister, but is Cabinet Secretary, a position previously abolished but now resuscitated
- Scott Ryan will be the Assistant Cabinet Secretary
You can download the full list here: http://bit.ly/1gCApsX
Analysis worth reading, sort of, so far:
Posted on September 20, 2015, in Australian Government, Change, Commonwealth Government, Culture change, Democracy, Federal Government, Leadership, Politics, Prime Minister, Women and tagged Liberal Party, National Party. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.